OBJECTS AND AIMS
Without distinction of sex or race or political, religious or other opinions the objects and aims of Future Communities are:
1. To provide development and research services to enable disadvantaged communities combat social exclusion and poverty and to improve the quality of life for such communities and work with a range of groups, including community groups, tenants and residents associations, Black and Minority Ethnic groups and other disadvantaged or hard to reach groups
2. To undertake research, development, training activities, project management and consultancy in matters relating to social inclusion, employment, training, education and health of such disadvantaged communities.
3. To promote self-help initiatives to enable such communities to empower themselves and to promote community engagement and development
4. To work in partnership with other agencies and to develop services on a partnership basis, if appropriate, which are beneficial to disadvantaged communities and to develop partnership projects, social enterprises and other initiatives to empower and involve local communities
5. To focus development activities at neighbourhood level to combat social exclusion and poverty with local communities and to provide support for the development and delivery of neighbourhood community development activities